SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovetogrowflowers

Finally seeing very small new growth on one brug

lovetogrowflowers
13 years ago

I am very tickled to see it too. Thank goodness at least one of my three is showing signs of coming back. However, as usual I'm freaking out because the other two planted in the same section covered as the other with mulch I haven't seen anything yet.

My other reason for posting is again, my neighbors up the road already has like 12 big leaves and its already about 1/2 foot tall maybe a little more. She does nothing to them she says. Just put them in the ground she says year before last. No fertilizer at all, she uses slow release actually and hardly ever waters. I just don't get it. Hers sits in full sun and she has about 6 inches of black mulch around it.

Could the full sun and the black nature scapes mulch be helping to attract heat and heat the soil up faster causing it to wake up faster? She has two others in the shade that show no signs of new growth yet. Mine get full sun part of the day and shade the rest. If you remember mine from last year they did great except slow at blooming. Which I hope to remedy this year by giving the a little bloom booster. I just have to. ;)

I also planted some of my cuttings in full sun just to see the difference it makes. Any advice is always appreciated. Maybe I'm just being impatient. I do feel mine that gets partial shade looks better than my neighbors. Hers always seemed just stressed out from so much sun.

Okay, fire away. Am I just being impatient?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES