SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dkgarber

when are the cats out and feeding? neem oil has been sprayed!

dkgarber
14 years ago

Ok, I posted earlier about an insect, probably oriental beetle explosion like none other Ive ever seen. I never use pesticides and never care if my garden isn't picture perfect-I prefer a safe garden for bugs and birds, etc.

However, I am losing entire plants to defoliation. Yes-3 newly planted bee balms--GONE. A speedwell is also leafless and the golden rods are almsot bare. I suspect beetles b/c of the chewed up patterns. They aren't touching my shurbs interestingly enough-its all w/in my butterfly garden.

Could it be cattepillars doing this?? The damage has been w/in the past coupe weeks and there have been no cat sightings, but there are LOADS of beetles everywhere.

I read that Neem doesn't effect beneficials like butterflies and bees b/c they don't ingest plant material, but the caterpillars do!!

I am new to all this--and not sure when the butterflies are catterpillars, if that makes sense. I do have monarchs in the garden, but butterflies, Ive only ever seen one cat, in the fall.

Please say I haven't done something to kill the cats. What is the life cycle timeline in New England??

The beetles are destroying EVERYTHING..what do I do?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm