SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenclaws

Large Jade #2 whack

Hi Jeff and thanks for responding. I've not worked up enough courage today to deal with this one, it was bad enough doing #1....I'm a 6ft wimp! I need to decide where to cut that big side trunk off first. I quite like the idea of leaving a short trunk at the side and letting it bush out tightly low down...maybe a crazy idea! If I don't like it, it could be sliced off later on. I'd also have a go at rooting the remaining trunk which should in itself make a good plant as you say.

I'm considering cutting the right hand trunk down to the 3inch mark on the ruler, it would then callous over and I often find a portion dries up and pops off back to the last 'node ring' under the cut. It would also need re-potting to straighten it up slightly.

Jeff, when you said in my other thread about slicing off 'minor growth', how far back do you suggest? I'm going to do the same with this one maybe tomorrow if I have time...I'll cut off all the leaf growth by cutting the leafy portions off as in #1 jade. It will be a start and let me see what I need to do next

What have I started? Hope you will come back on this one too, thanks in advance.
Gill UK
{{gwi:517223}}

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH