SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joereal

bad bad weather forecast

joereal
18 years ago

Well, it was very weird this morning as I walked my dog through the greenbelt walkways of our neighborhood. All of the lawn and top of the hedges were frosted. I thought only my backyard, but it is more widespread even as I dropped off my kids to school, all ther front lawns that I see along the way were frosted over.

None of the newscasters have correctly predicted the frosty night in Davis. And I watched them as late as 1:00 am early morning. That's a mere 5 hours lead time, they should be able to predict the trend with all those gizmos they have.

The weird thing is that it was also very foggy in our neighborhood, and this was predicted by the weather casters. I myself have "common sense" rule that if there is fog, then there will be no frost. But this event happened. It was very clear that night, crystal clear, and so the grasses frosted over come early morning. Then a slight breeze blew over the Yolo Bypass, and send off the fog hovering over the waters straight into Davis like the invading Mongols they are. So we have both frost and thick fog in the morning.

Comments (11)