SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bevinga

Image Heavy! Need Help with Bay Area crepe myrtle

bevinga
15 years ago

Hi,

As you can see from my username, I'm not from CA, but rather from GA~I was visiting friends in the Bay Area a few weeks ago and they asked my help with their crepe myrtle. Since our weather is somewhat different out here than there, I'm seeking help from you experts who actually know the weather in that area.

These were planted a year ago this past summer. They did very well the first year, as well as this year, blooming both summers; however, as the weather has started to change this year, they are beginning to look somwhat puny. On my crepe myrtle, when the weather changes in the fall, the leaves turn color from green to red and orange, then fall off. On these, they are not turning that same pretty color, but rather are curling, turning brown, then falling off.

They have never been fertilized. There is a sprinkler system, so my friends say they are getting enough water. As you can see from the pictures, they are getting enough sunlight.

So...can you tell what might be wrong with these? Is this normal for that area? If there is something they need to do in order to help them, I would really appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks,

Beverly

{{gwi:504092}}

{{gwi:504093}}

{{gwi:504094}}

{{gwi:504096}}

{{gwi:504098}}

Comments (5)