SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plant_one_on_me

Plants that attracte butterflies not bees

plant-one-on-me
15 years ago

I would love to start a small butterfly garden at my granddaughter's house. She is terrified of bees though. Are there any plants and/or flowers that will attract butterflies and not bees? I know parsley attracted swallowtails one year I grew it, about 7 years ago, and I get plenty of visits from the cabbage butterfly so know that I can plant anything from the cabbage family next spring. Anything else you know of? The area is right next to their mobile home and gets morning sun until around noon and then total shade. A very kind GW member sent her some plants to start a garden but I want to add to them for her.

We are also going to make a birdbath out of a teracota (sp?) pot and saucer, a butterfly dish (damp sand in saucer), a couple handprint stepping stones and hang up a spinner she was sent. We have time since I will plant this area in the fall when the temps are cooler so it doesn't have to be watered every day (my dil will not help her do this and she is only 3 1/2). Anything perineal I can start from seed and plant in the fall?

Thanks in advance for any help. Kim

Comments (8)

Sponsored