SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
c_scanlon

Jade plant emergency please help

C.Scanlon
12 years ago

Hi, I'm brand new here and was hoping I could receive some help with my grandmothers Jade plant. Its almost a decade old and recently my boyfriend re-potted it for her but in Miracle-gro garden soil and perlite. It's been a few days now and this morning I noticed the leaves on the lower half of the jade were drooping. Checking the soil was a shock to me, Gramma had one of those glass watering bulb thingies in it and the soil was completely SOAKED.

I know from very little experience that Jade shouldnt be watered like that and that it should be potted in some kind of sandy mix, but would really like some advice on what I can do right now at this very moment to save this beautiful plant, she has had it for so long and I would hate to see it die..... Can I re-pot it right now in some other sandy mix (not garden soil) and hope it dries up and perks back up? Or should i leave it alone? I've already removed the watering bulb, of course. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

And I also apologize in advance if this issue is addressed somewhere else on this site. I did a search and couldnt really find exactly what Im looking for. But if there is thread on it I would love to have a link to it. Thank yas :)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH