SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniellalell

OT Itchy fingers

daniellalell
16 years ago

OK so I have been so utchin to get outside and do something!! Being that we are having decent weather and it is mid march I gave in to my impatience and uncovered 2 of my lily beds today cuz I saw things pokin out, for the last 2 weeks. All it took was an email from the NJ garden & flower show to tell me it was time, I checked the 10 day forecast, & I was out there. Felt so good to get my hands dirty and muddy, sayin hi to all those happy fat worms, lol. I am in full spring mode now. In those 2 lily beds I counted 263 lilies poppin up already! Some are a good 10" tall already. I am so happy!! So much other stuff is poppin too, lotsa green under those leaf blankies..but I controlled myself enuf to just peek at those and only uncover those 2 lily beds, lol. Transplanted 3 rose of sharon trees as well..I hope they dont die. 7 more days till the first day of spring!! Gonna be 60 tomorrow, woohoo!! So, tomorrow I will do my spring pruning.

I have a question for those of you that have irises; when you put mulch down in your beds w/irises, do you cover the top of the bulb that is exposed? It's supposed to be uncovered right? So do you just put mulch around it, or do you put just a really thin layer over the exposed part? Hopefully I will have some money this summer to get some nice looking mulch for my beds, and I am worried about that. I don't want to make them rot.

thanks,

Daniella

Comments (5)