SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tracey_nj6

My very first overwintered BST eclosed!

tracey_nj6
15 years ago

Since my BST pupated on 09/26/07 on the screen of my cage, I didn't bring it inside to overwinter. I had my doubts, wondering if I'd done wrong, wondering if I should've cut the screen. Once it had gotten brutally cold, I laid a sheet over the top and sides of the cage, just to protect it from a direct blast of wind. I just left it partially covered throughout the winter. Last night, DH calls me, just as I'm getting ready to enter the Lincoln Tunnel to go out to dinner with clients. As I'm talking to my 7yo dd, he's saying that there's a butterfly in my cage. Naturally, I figured he was busting my chops, but my dd insisted that it was. Of course, they had to see it before I did. When I got home last night, I went outside with a flashlight, just to make sure they weren't pulling my leg.

Thanks for letting me blab. I'm so excited that I had my first BST eclosed, and I have a cat that should pupate shortly.

Now, how does one tell if it's male or female? I am in the process of googling the information, but not having much luck!

My baby!!!

{{gwi:481781}}

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions