SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wolfen_gw

Great Place, Great People !

wolfen
16 years ago

I'll try not to ramble, but want to let people know that I apreciate the knowledge offered here, and the friendliness of all.

I posted on the exchange forum a short while ago, and was contacted by some sweet people, you all are great! I am new to the Brug-scene, and wonder why it took me so long.

Also, I have many questions, most of which I will scan the postings to see what answers I can find.

I did purchase some cuttings from KatsKuntryKuttins, and they really came in great shape. I was afraid the weather would be too cold, but the Brug-God was on my side there. Now, as I look at them, 4 days potted, hardly any leaf damage, I am wondring if they may bloom this year ?.?. They are about 8 inches tall,about the diameter of my pinkie finger, fair amount of roots, and all have 6-8 leaves or more. I used soil moist in with the potting soil, and a product to help prevent transplant shock, as well as getting plants off to a good start. ( Can't remember the brand name.) We have a large aquarium, 120 gallons, which I take the water from to water the plants, and hope it will help with nutrients.

I have been watching E-Bay , and have seen some great looking plants there. I am amazed at the color variations !!(The "Chief" is too rich for me !)

Is there a better time of the year to buy brugs ? What size should I be looking for to see blooms this summer ?

And if I take cuttings, is it better in the fall , to get plants that bloom the next summer ? So many Questions.....

I do admit that I suffer from a well known family condition , I call it "EXCESS".. If one is good, ten will be even better!! And Twenty would be Heaven!! On and on.... Thank goodness for a great understanding and patient husband!!!!!

He puts up with my "EXCESS" like a trooper. He has chauffered me on many of my hunts, and seems to have a good time, at that!

E-Nuff of the rambling, ....

Thank all of you for being here !!!

Sandra ^,,^

Comments (12)