SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynne48

Hail Damage to Butterfly Garden

susanlynne48
14 years ago

A very large hail storm just moved thru OKC and surrounding areas of central Oklahoma, pelting us with golf ball to baseball size hail in rapid succession. I have been in hail storms before, but nothing like this one. I've only sustained one broken window, but the butterfly garden is in fairly bad shape. Lots of broken stems, lots of work to do tomorrow to clean up the garden. The sound was pretty awful - sounded like somebody let loose with an automatic rifle. The cats ran for cover under the bed. They have never done that. Haven't even checked the back yard yet. Will do so tomorrow.

Lisa, if you check in here, how did you fare in the Village? I was thinking of you.

My False Nettle took a big beating and only a few stems are still standing. Same with the Monarda, the Hops vine, milkweed, Fennel, Hibiscus, Liatris, lots of seedlings, Ptelea trifoliata, Asters, Butterfly Bushes, Joe Pye Weed, Pipevine, Verbena bonariensis, Plantago, Dianthus, all are damaged.

I am sure all of the the plants will probably come back, but it's gonna take a while. Other than that, everyone okay, but I would have hated being out on the road in this stuff.

Susan

Comments (8)

Sponsored