SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodik_gw

I'm Back... My Blooms Waited!

jodik_gw
15 years ago

Hello, All! I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas Holiday! I sure did! Not only was "Santa" very good to me, but my blooms actually waited for me to return before opening! I'm so thrilled!

When we left for our trip north, I had two bulbs growing first scapes, and Evergreen growing its second... I thought for sure they'd all open and be faded by the time we returned. Lo and behold, they all waited for my return before fully opening!

This is Carina, courtesy of Kitty... almost open!

{{gwi:450181}}

This is the fat bud of Star of Holland...

{{gwi:450182}}

And this is Evergreen's second scape of green beauty!

{{gwi:450183}}

This is the Silver Squill, mottled leaves and really cute flowers...

{{gwi:450185}}

And this is a close up of those flowers... very interesting colors... I love this plant! Thank you, Kitty!

{{gwi:450187}}

I still haven't gone through the photos I took of our family Christmas... I hope to get them uploaded within the next few days. We all had a great time, and all my kids and grandkids were there! As a grandma, it was the best Christmas I've experienced so far! I know there will be many more in the future! I'm so proud of my children... and my grandchildren are the reason we brave icy roads and frigid, snowy conditions to travel north every Christmas!

And waiting for me upon my return was a box from Amazon.com... I got my "Hippeastrum - The Gardener's Amaryllis" book for Christmas! My year is complete, and it was the best ever!

How was your Christmas? Was Santa good to you, too? :-)

Comments (12)

Sponsored
More Discussions