SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whiteoakian

Newbie Introduction & WS questions

whiteoakian
14 years ago

Hi all! A little about me. I decided a year ago to move closer to my mom as she's getting older, and you know how that is. By the time I got moved into my new place here in White Oak, I had two brothers die in their 50s. that's one reason I have thrown myself into my new bare yard to keep myself sane. Being outside gardening has really helped me. And because winter is coming... winter sowing seems to be the best way to help me heal and keep my mind on other things.

I have been lurking a lot, but there are a few additional things I would like to ask:

1. Does masking tape to hold milk jugs together work as well as the electric tape I see on many pictures?

2. Should all annuals as a rule be winter sowed late in the winter?

3. Which winter sowed hardy prens will probably flower the first year?

4 is there any advantage to drilling the ventilation holes in the milk jug as opposed to just slicing them?

5. anybody have a copy of their "winter sowing report" that I can copy to use to chart my progress? (and failures - longer sheet probably)

Thanks so much

Susan

White oakian

PS My brother Bobby who died suddenly was a musician. One of his favorite songs to play was Elton John's Funeral for a Friend. (Love lies Bleeding) If anyone has Love Lies Bleeding seeds I can have for postage, I would appreciate it. I would love to try to WS some in his memory.

Thanks all! This is a wonderful site with great people.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus