SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
v1rt

I want to WS my new seeds

v1rt
15 years ago

Good morning everyone.

I just learned ws from someone at my other post on Perennials. He/she gave me a link to the FAQs. I read some yesterday and became very interested. However, there still things that I am confused.

One of my confusion is the jug of milk. How do I put the seeds properly if I only have a small opening on top? He/she told me about cutting it but I couldn't visualize it. Can someone please post a picture of it?

About the dirt, can I just buy any cheap pure topsoil and mix it with mushroom compost, then pour boiling water to make sure weed seeds get killed?

Going back to the FAQs, I don't recall seeing that flats should be put outside. However, from the word itself (winter sowing), I'm assuming that our flats should be put outside. But I didn't see any mention of where the flats outside should be put. Should it be put in a sunny location?

Also, can I ask a favor? Please post your ws in action pictures. :)

Lastly, I'm in Northwest Chicago. We've been averaging 10F lately. However today, it's 28F and it's snowing outside and a forecast of more than 1 foot of snow. :D

I would like to know when the seeds below can be wintersowed. When can I put the flats outside.

1. Purple Coneflower Echinacea Butterfly 600 seeds

2. Baby's Breath 2500 seeds

3. Dwarf Godenrod Solidago Baby Gold 200 seeds

4. Veronica Spicata Blue SUPER DWARF 75 seeds

5. Delphinium Larkspur Black Knight 25 seeds

6. Cleome Spider Flower White Queen 200 seeds

7. Castor Beans - 25 seeds

and some given to me

1. White and Purple cosmo seeds maybe 500

2. Pink Cleome maybe 1000 seeds

3. Calendula maybe 500-750

I harvested