SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raul_in_mexico

To slice or not to slice.....that´s the question.

raul_in_mexico
18 years ago

What should I do ? wait until they want to multiply on their own or should I do it myself ? For ages I´ve grown amaryllises and they multiply on their own, Red Lions, Appleblossoms, Cocktails every year reward me with one or two bulblets, everything was fine until I stumbled on other varieties, who could reject them ? they look so fine that I just couldn´t let them pass by......well my Lydias, Boleros, White Christmases and others just don´t behave like the others, NOT A SINGLE BULBLET has sprouted from them, some are 6 years old and no bulblets yet, you should see the size of the bulbs, big is not enough to describe them, huge is better way, they´ve gone from 3 blooms to 4 to 5 per stalk over the years and from 1 to 2 stalks but still not a single bulblet. Meanwhile the others continue to produce bulblets after bulblets every year ( came to the point that with a bleeding heart and watering eyes I had to give a bunch away ).

I´m afraid to slice those bulbs, the truth is that I smuggled......ooops sorry for the lapsus linguae, I meant imported....those bulbs because those varieties are not available in Mexico and it´s going to be very difficult for me to import them again if I screw them up, but I want extra bulbs on the other hand.

What would you do ?

Comments (12)

Sponsored
More Discussions