SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alipadron

Help with succulent- I'm a newbie :)

alipadron
11 years ago

Hello!

I'm new to this forum and to the succulent world. I live in Venezuela and about a month ago I purchased a lovely succulent that I believe is a echeveria.

I know nothing about these plants. Have been reading online everything I can. I know they are hardy plants and that hold water in their leaves. They like the sun and I shouldn't water much. But that's all I know.

When I purchased it about a month ago it ha a lovely rosette shape and the leaves where thicker. Now it seems the leaves are stretching upwards and opening up. In worried I have the plant in the wrong place.

I placed in on my terrace facing the garden. It's right next to a jade that seems to love it there but in not sure the echeveria is liking it there as well.

I thought it might be stretching like this because it wanted more sun so I placed it outside in the garden last friday where it gets full sun. I came back from a trip over the weekend and found it with a couple of brown leaves on the bottom. I got scared and retuned it to the initial place on the terrace.

You can see on the picture how it was one month ago (left) and how it is now (right). What should I do? Is it normal for the plant to be opening up like this? Should I find another place for it? I appreciate any help. I'm new to this and love my plants dearly. Thanks!

Comments (8)