SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zahzeen

Two questions - Baby baths and bubble wrap

zahzeen
14 years ago

Hi,

I just bought a plastic baby bath from Goodwill for $1.99 that I would like to use to WS pumpkin and guord seeds. The bath is 2 feet long, 14 inches wide and in one part is 7 inches deep and the where the baby would sit it is 6 1/2 inches deep. I had read somewhere on this forum that people have used kiddie pools to WS pumpkins and wondered if the baby bath would work for me (it is white if that makes a difference). It has a stopper to drain the water from the bath and I would also drill holes in the bottom for more drainage. It rests on rubber suction cups so it would be a little off the ground. Would I be able to use it for flower or vegetable plants or is it too big for the dirt to warm up in the spring (I live in Massachusetts)? I would find something to cover it (which leads me to my second question).

I have a lot of bubble wrap used for wrapping breakable objects from a recent move. Would I be able to use this with holes cut in for ventalation to cover larger pots (or the baby bath) for WS? What is the biggest pot recommended for WS (sneaked a third question in here).

Thanks for any help you can give me. If the baby bath is a viable container to WS, they had a slightly smaller one for $2.99 that I could get for something else.

Comments (7)

Sponsored