SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynne1948

Butterfly Attracting Annuals

susanlynne1948
10 years ago

I just planted a few annuals in my WS jugs and some directly sown, for the upcoming year. One of them is the Brazilian Buttonbush that MissSherry has discussed here on the forum. I think Sandy may have mentioned that hers did not flower the same year, but I have high hopes after reading other reviews in the same zone I am who had it successfully bloom. Anyway, I bought some seed from Remy at Sample Seed Shop and am giving it a whirl. Speaking of which, I am also planting the Whirligig Zinnias again. I love these! So gorgeous with different colors and patterns on one flower! Will also grow some Asclepias physocarpa just in case I have Monarchs. They're good nectar plants even if I don't, and such interesting plants.

Remy also had seeds of tall yellow Cosmos, which I have direct sown. Cosmos are so easy. Also sowed in the jugs the Ipomoea alba for the moths, and some Salvia coccinea, Texas Sage.

I should have Salvias 'Lady in Red', 'Black & Blue', and 'Hot Lips' returning. LIR is not hardy here, but always self-sows.

Anyone else growing butterfly annuals of interest?

Susan

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath