SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phyl345

i jumped the gun ...

phyl345
16 years ago

because i had some free time during the last couple of weeks, i have all my perennials planted & out!

i am north of chicago so i don't have to worry that any of them will sprout too soon ... also, my potting mix is stored in the garage & in jan. & feb. it is frozen solid, which made it a bit difficult last year ... also, the nov. milder temps. were much easier on my fingers!

all the containers are in the gardens near their future homes ... i dug them in the dirt just enough that they won't blow away, & surrounded them with mulched leaves ... i have them all in a slightly slanted position ... cuz ... cuz ... ithink i remember reading that somewhere (drainage issue) ...

i will do annuals in march ... all those containers on the deck last just got to be *too much* ... although i will definitely admit it was really, really fun to go out there & check to see if anything has sprouted! ... now i will have to run all over the gardens ... well, it shouldn't be too bad; i made pretty detailed maps ...

what do you think?? phyl

Comments (7)

Sponsored