SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frank27603

H. Exotica!

frank27603
15 years ago

One way to make sure you get the bulb you want, is to see it blooming...normally, I would not buy something in bloom especially a Hippi, but yesterday I made an exception.

I went to buy daffodil bulbs because this garden center sells the neat varieties individually. They didn't have quite the selection of years past, but while there I found this pefectly shaped beauty and had to have it! She has 4 beautiful blooms and another scape hiding among those blooms and also a third scape coming up from the middle. I HAD to have it. The only dilemma- it was potted at the garden center and priced at $22.99. Without the pot, the bulbs were $14.99. Now it looked great in the pot, but the pot was a regular 10 inch clay pot that looked like it had been used before. I talked with the sales girl and she said the majority of the bulbs had shot up scapes, thus they potted most of them and very recently. I told her I really wanted that bulb, but I wasn't prepared to spend an extra $8.00 for a used clay pot. She said she would check with her manager to see if they could take it out...of course the manager said no and I was fine with it. They had 5 or 6 Exoticas and probably about 15 or 20 more of mixed varieties(Papilio, Nymph, AB, Minerva) they had potted. After the manager came out to check for any loose, she relented and plucked that puppy right out of the pot for me. Yippie! It hadn't even started rooting so no harm and no foul I think.

Please see the photos of my newest child brought home anchored by daffodil bulbs in a plastic bag in bloom!

{{gwi:440067}}

{{gwi:440068}}

{{gwi:440069}}

{{gwi:440070}}

{{gwi:440071}}

{{gwi:440072}}

{{gwi:440073}}

{{gwi:440074}}

{{gwi:440075}}

Look Who is trying to steal the show in my little "mini jungle"! Who really NEEDS to eat at the table anyway???

{{gwi:440076}}

This this is so gorgeous to me, I can't stop taking photos of it. The leaves look like they have glitter dusted on them! Hope you all enjoy. I can't help it...I'm a proud daddy once more!

-Frank

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions