SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caterwallin

Anyone tried these plants?

caterwallin
17 years ago

I've been thinking of getting the Silver Brocade Artemesia on a website I found. I think I might have posted the URL before but I forget. It says on the website that the plant is a host for American and Painted Ladies, and I thought it would look really pretty put together with the Blue Flax Linum I'll be planting in the garden. I've always loved blue and silver together.

Also on that website is the Gas Plant. I have written down that the latin name for that plant that I want to get for the GSTs is Dictamnus albus var. Rubra, but on that website it's listed as Dictamnus fraxinella 'Rubra'. What is the difference?

I guess the Baltimore Checkerspots must like various kinds of penstemon. The kind of seeds I am planting are Penstemon hirsutus. On that website it says in the description for their plant, Penstemon digitalis, that the BCs lay eggs on it. Likewise, the specific turtlehead on that website is Chelone lyonii, but I'm growing Chelone glabra because that's what was mentioned on our butterfly forum. I would always go by the recommendations on here over other people because I know people here are doing the same thing I am, trying to plant plants the butterflies like, raise cats, and try to get the butterfly population up to higher levels. I can never be sure about websites that sell plants if the information is totally correct or if it's meant to sell plants and maybe the butterflies/cats don't use those particular plants.

I'm including a link to the website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Butterfly Host Plants

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert