SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caterwallin

Has anyone in the North planted for PCs?

caterwallin
17 years ago

I had Pearl Crescent butterflies here last year and don't know where they had come from or where they deposited their eggs, but I'd be interested in planted a host plant for them. I guess they must be particular what kind of asters they like? I had asters here that I had bought at the local nursery the year before and so they were a nice size, and there were no cats on them. They were called New York Asters. They were probably too neat and compact for a cat's taste, as it seems like things that the butterflies go for are plants that almost need a machete to keep them in line. Ha. Anyway, if anyone knows of a good plant for me to plant up here for them, that would be great. Of course, if it's as hard to find as the gas plant, I guess I can forget about it for this year. Btw, I could get Gas Plant seeds on ebay, but MY GOSH...$3.99 + $2.50 shipping = $6.49 total for only 25 seeds?! No thanks, that's too much for what you get. I didn't know that it would be hard for me to find some things. I can't find those seeds at all in my area, and they're too much on the net. Well, next year is another year, I guess. :)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!