SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mwamsley_gw

Brugmansia Hardiness - And The Winners Are?

mwamsley
15 years ago

Hi All-

I posted this message in the Exchanges area, but I feel it doesn't strictly fall into that category. I would like to hear other peoples observations on Brugmansia hardiness.

Are some of your seedlings more hardy than others? Do some flower more early in the season? Is 'Charles Grimaldi' the cold king?

Original message:

I'm new here. I've really enjoyed the site!

I purchased a 'Charles Grimaldi' a few years ago at a gardening convention and have really enjoyed it. So much so that I would like to try some of these in ground in my mild 8b climate.

I have been reading these boards and other sites and came up with a list of varieties that have reportedly good cold tolerance. They are:

Betty Marshall

Dr. Seuss

Charles Grimaldi

Becca Lynn

Brugmansia sanguinea

others that have hardy blood:

(Charles Grimaldi) -'Goldkrone', 'Goldrausch', 'Habanera', 'Luminosa', 'Marie Gerrits', 'Charisma', 'Feingold'

(Betty Marshall) - 'Kyle's Giant White'

If anybody has any of these and can spare a few cuttings for my project, I would happily send you postage or a pre-paid return envelope. I do have a few items to trade:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pAYkTzMX2aisAS4S9N2C1bQ

If I am missing any from my list that you have observed being particularly hardy, please let me know! A hardiness discussion would be great.

Thank You-

Mark

Seattle, WA

markwamsley

-at--

yahoo

dot

com

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Columbus Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions