SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paul_t23

'nother Neo noid

paul_t23
15 years ago

Hi all,

I bought this plant around a year ago at the NSW Brom Soc autumn show. It was labelled Neo. Laser and I thought "fine - sounds good", but some time later I tried to find it in the fcbs photo index and couldn't. Only name close that I could see is Neo. Laser Light, but it doesn't look anything like the picture for that. Can't find anything in the BSI Neo. cultivar registry either, and haven't found anyone selling it at any shows since.

It looks like a carolinae x concentrica hybrid of some sort, but does anyone have any idea if it has a cultivar name? Mature plant is 50 centimetres diameter. Leaves are thick, stiff and waxy, with moderate teeth.

August 2008 - still growing actively

{{gwi:460820}}

December 2008 - in the middle of flowering

{{gwi:460822}}

I have a bee in my bonnet about putting Hannibal Lector pollen on it to try to get something that looks just like this one, but with lots of bright red concentric lines and dots. Problem is, every single flower has set a nice fat white berry without any help from me, so it's probably a self-pollinator. Ah well, nothing like a challenge! I'm going to try anyway - ya never know!

If I could put a name to it, that would be great. Love to hear from you.

Cheers, Paul

Comments (5)

Sponsored