This year I am planting about 1/2 acre in some wildflowers I bought for this area. I know that the butters as well as hummers will love them.
But come fall should I mow them back or wait until spring?
I don't want to damage any overwintering chyrlsalis but if I wait til spring I feel I may still damage those that won't eclose til later. But if I wait too late into the spring then I will damage the returning wildflowers.
BTW, buying enough wildflowers to cover this much area is expensive so I'd rather not do that either.
What's a mother to do??????