SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniellalell

OT Question..

daniellalell
15 years ago

Well, I went to buy soil and a seed starting kit yesterday and stupid HD actually has their outside area locked up for the winter. I asked and they said they had gotten the starter kits, and the manager had actually sent them back, cuz it was too early!?! and they wont get them back till spring..so I got 'trapped' inside with the tropicals and houseplants, lol. Wasn't planning on buying anything, but you all know how that is...I bought a sago palm for $10, and a pot of 'mixed foliage': croton, var umbrella plant, something I think is a kind of cordyline?, and an unknown plant..thought for $10 bucks that wasn't bad considering each one individually was about $10. Anywho, I brought them home, went back out to the local Ace Hardware and got my soil...repotted what I had bought..but now I am thinking...instead of the mixed stuff being all together in the same pot..should I seperate them and put them in their own pots? I like how they look all together, but I'm thinking growth potential could be stunted if they are all together?

So I need opinions..what would you do? seperate them or leave them together? I can try to take a pic...but my camera is on its way out..only works when it wants to. Shoulda spent the money I spent on the plants on new rechargable batteries..but..ya know, lol..If I manage to get a pic maybe someone can ID the unknown 2 for me?

So what would you do?

dang it I forgot to buy sand!!!!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus