SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazy_plant_lady

Wanted: amaryllis bulbs

crazy_plant_lady
13 years ago

I have several different kinds of amaryllis plants and I'm willing to trade any of them for some that I have been looking for.

Here are the ones I am looking for:

Charmeur

Apple Blossom

Clown

Elvas

Dancing Queen

Zombie

Bogata

Cherry Nymph

Lemon Lime

Papilio Butterfly

If anyone has any of these and would like to trade with some others please contact me....I have a lot of bulbs and so I would probably have what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Rob

Comments (18)

• cenordstrom
    13 years ago

They are selling Apple Blossom bulbs for $5 each at my local Walmart (in MN). I've bought successful amaryllis bulbs from them before, and this year I got an Apple Blossom (among others; they also have Red Lion & Minerva). You have to poke around and open the boxes to make sure you're getting a decent one, but they're not half bad for the price.

• ton2
    13 years ago

Hallo Rob

Perhaps I can help you too.
    I have a nice collection and if you are interested I can send you my list.
    Please contact me privately.

Kind regards

Ton

• joshy46013
    13 years ago

I just wanted to let everyone know that Robynn was wanting to trade things of hers for mine, well she has sent me pictures of things claiming to be hers when they were not.

She sent me pictures that were originally taken by a friend of mine Doug Westfall, they're posted on PBS. She eventually told me that those were her pictures and they had stolen them, one picture was from Doug Westfall and the other she sent was of Hippeastrum miniatum taken at a botanical garden in Japan.

Obviously I denied the trade as it seemed a bit deceiving...

• cindeea
    13 years ago

Josh, too bad for the deceitful person, thanks for the warning. I too thought it rather bold someone not heard of here before would jump in and ask for trades. Looking at their profile...just joined the site yesterday....shame on her/him/it!

• joshy46013
    13 years ago

Cindeea,

On Daves this person also confronted me about trading me a few really rare bulbs *Placea & Cyrtanthus species* for a few hybrid Hippeastrum I had, it seemed a bit fishy at first as the only two things on my want list she had and she spelled them really funny. She then didn't seem to know the difference between species and hybrids which is totally understandable but if you're carrying around very rare, possibly extinct jewels like Placea I'm sure you know the difference.

I just wanted to warn everyone before they send her 8 bulbs and get nothing in return.

Josh

• e36yellowm3
    13 years ago

Thanks for the warning Josh. Just a reminder to everyone that there is a special forum that folks can leave comments / ratings for people they trade with. It's always best to just check there for prior positive trades before you send too much off to folks you don't know. Alana

• bespokecarmel
    13 years ago

My first post here and it is involving this;(. It is a week too late for me...I was contacted by robynn on another popular online gardening site-she is using the name lavender_dreams-and agreed to an exchange with her. tracking shows that she received my priority box; she is no longer answering my emails. yesterday i googled her name and found that she has also been accused of fraud involving animals in crookston, mn. my loss was minimal -i will just have a few less amaryllis for the holidays-but i realize that many of you have plants that are rare and/or expensive. who commits fraud for a few flower bulbs? bespoke

• joshy46013
    13 years ago

bespoke,

I knew that she was up to no good, I knew right off the bat, it was too "convienent" that she had everything I was looking for! She also tried to hurry all the trades along saying *hurry, I want to send you all these bulbs before it gets cold!*...

I think it's sad that you'd cheat people out their plants! I'm sorry she got away with it to you, I just hope she doesn't try this again, everyone should be on the lookout! I told her that I would make sure as many people as I can will know she's a fraud!

Josh

• joshy46013
    13 years ago

She just sent me this E-mail

"I told you that my cousin took those picture of the plants last year...Yes, I did say that.
    I shipped out everything I said I was going to ship out for trades...I haven't received anything from anyone yet either so I don't like what you are accusing me of and I think you need to quit starting trouble for people who aren't trying to do anything wrong. I haven't stopped responding to anyones emails.... I answer every email as they come in ....Wow, can stories be told."

This is one of her first e-mails to me about the pictures

"Yes those pictures are mine...I had them taken over a year ago and had my cousin build me a website ,but, then times got hard and I let the website go.
    No, I'm not trying to pull a fast one on you ... I don't believe in doing things
    Like that.... I don't know where you seen my pictures but they are mine...I've seen other pictures of mine being used on plant swap sites that were mine also.
    If you are not interested then fine... I'm sure there are others that are and from
    How you are acting these are very very rare .... SO, I really got lucky when he sent them to me.
    It's up to you... My loss can be your gain "

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    13 years ago

Wow!! This is a real whodunit! Kristi doesn't need to write a story about an amaryllis thief, this forum is doing it for her!! (just joking Kristi)

• bespokecarmel
    13 years ago

Well, we know whodunit and who it was dun to! (smiles) just dont want it "dun' to anyone else! please note that this person is using numerous names/monikers, but her mailing address is crookston, mn.
    bespoke

• dizzy77
    13 years ago

Wow! I really can't believe what I am reading here!
    We have such a generous and trusting forum here and I hate to think that there are people like that. Its people like this that ruins it for the rest of us!!
    Anyway thanks Joshy and everyone else for the warning.

• bespokecarmel
    13 years ago

24 hour breaking news...(sorry, but i find it a bit humorous, even though i was the person scammed)...i contacted the crookston police-although i am sure they have better things to do than follow a bulb thief, i wanted to make a report-anywho, long story short, i received an email from an individual in florida this morning; this robynn/rob/jamie was 'supposedly' operating a bird sanctuary/aviary a couple of years back and scammed expensive birds! whomever mentioned the potential book; i think it may be here! incidently, i would like for angelina jolie to play me in the movie version :).

• beachplant
    13 years ago

I was suspicious, she also posted on the brug forum. I always wonder about people who post the same day they join wanting to trade and having rare stuff. This scam is pulled fairly regularly.
    Tally HO!

• joshy46013
    13 years ago

I had a "Jamie" that contacted me not too long ago about trading, I never did it because I was suspicious as well.

Does this person just decided what the want so they get a new alias and try to trade with people? Uggh

Josh

• blancawing
    13 years ago

Dear bespoke,

I am so very sorry to learn that this happened to you. :-(

Since you shipped the bulbs via the USPS, you are able to report this unscrupulous scammer for mail fraud. The link for doing so is shown below.

Sincerely,

Blanca

Here is a link that might be useful: Mail Fraud

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    13 years ago

Bespoke,

From Crookston, MN? Isn't that life imitating art? Sorry for the loss. Thanks to you and Beachplant for warning us.

• teisa
    13 years ago

Thank you very much for posting this!!!! I was just about to trade with this person in the Hoya Forum. She contacted me and wanted to trade for a Hoya Rope. I would too have been screwed over. I'm sorry the losses of the the Gardeners that she has already taken advantage of!!!
    Thanks for the warning. Now that we are on to her, maybe she will take her scamming ways and leave the forums.

-Tess

Sponsored
More Discussions