SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ces797

No new growth and brown leaf tips

ces797
15 years ago

Hello

First time growing Amaryllis.

I am entertaining company over the holidays and thought it would be nice to have some paperwhites and amaryllis growin in the house for them.

I have had both bulbs for a week and the paperwhites already have about 4 inch stems while my poor amaryllis still looks the same as it did when I bought him. The type is "Double Flowering White Peacock" and I will provide a link to see a picture of his status. When I bought it at the nursery they pretty much only had massive size ones (mine is 5 inches wide) and this particular nursery is very reputable as far as regular bulbs go so I wouldn't think twice about their stock.

In the photo you will notice there is a leaf tip coming out (was there when I bought it a week ago) Also the leaf tip has almost a red dabbled streak in it and what looks to be a browning tip)

I have this bulb potted up in regular potting soil with sand (for drainage) and dried compost (for nutrients) added to the mix. The soil is kept moderately moist and the moss you see is just decorative.

Please let me know if you think I'm doing anything wrong

Thanks so much

cesy797

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.flickr.com/photos/31692077@N06/2985430700/

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions