SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paulan70

OT: Kinda a weird question about plant sales

paulan70
15 years ago

Ok I know this is off topic kinda. But have any of you had a plant sale of your winter sown babies. I am talking about a yard sale but intead of unwanted junk it is your ws babies. My aunt recently saw my garden in bloom instead of being in the early stages in May and she made a remark that I should think about going into the plant business. And I mentioned on how I thought about saling (is this that right word) some of the extras that I grow. As of now I have been sharing with my sisters and neibhors and friends and a few co workers. But I also posted a few on a local yahoo group and I made about $20.

And I was just wondering if this is something that would make it worthwhile to do. I was just thinking if I did do this I would want to print out pictures of every plant for sale but I have doubts if people would want such little plants.

So if you did do something like this was a success or a failure. And how did you price things for the sale. I was thinking of just pricing things based on if it a perennial or an annual and then maybe food crop a little differently.

So please share your stories the good and the bad. Thank you

Paula

Comments (12)

Sponsored