SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lblack61

Some Pictures

lblack61
15 years ago

Got back from vacation and was in a bad mood about how the garden looked. Seemed like nothing was blooming, things looked ratty, and there was no color.

After weeding-- and chopping down a few things-- I'm appreciating it more. Here's some pictures of the aftermath (and a few from before vacation):

Zinnia "Red Spider" and Iberis Umbellata

{{gwi:421933}}

Tithonia (which doesn't have any buds yet, but its growth is promising!)

{{gwi:421934}}

One of Two containers of Daturas, which were sown indoors initially, then put outside in the winter when there was no progress indoors. Guess it liked that-- best looking Datura plants I've ever had sown indoors or out!

{{gwi:421935}}

Briza Maxima (Quaking Grass)

{{gwi:421936}}

Statice-- a plant I've really come to love because it never fails me...and sometimes it reseeds.

{{gwi:421937}}

A Snapdragon that was WSed last year and survived the winter

{{gwi:421938}}

St. Johns Wort

{{gwi:421939}}

WSed Tomatoes (after my lousy, haphazard staking job that took many many minutes-- if not an hour)

{{gwi:421940}}

Particularly for PV, a picture of the shade garden-- didn't get it at its "prime" because we were gone. And the fence was up to keep darling Nikki from digging there

{{gwi:421941}}

Zinnias are starting to bloom (but all the plants seems so short! I sowed both Elegans and Magellans...did they crossbreed???

{{gwi:421942}}

{{gwi:421943}}

Coneflower!!! First time in four years of WSing I have blooms. I WSed these last year.

{{gwi:421944}}

Blanket Flower, BBs, and Red Flax (yes, that Red Flax is still blooming. It's become a "must have" for me)

{{gwi:421945}}

This was a little weed in a pile of dirt in our yard. I liked the greyish-green fuzzy foliage so I decided to plant it. Come to find out, it's a type of Verbascum...this makes me happy. But it's got to go to the back of the border next year. Behind it is a Tansy that I WSed four years ago...it's lost its mind this year...it's out of control.

{{gwi:421946}}

Blanket Flower and BBs

{{gwi:421945}}

The reseeded Calendula and either reseeded Petunias or purchased Dianthus in the background

{{gwi:421947}}

A Poppy (Spanish Flag, I think)

{{gwi:421949}}

Another pic of the shade garden (oops, thought I only had one){{gwi:421951}}

The jungle I came home to (the Adenophora was really out of control. I hacked it down)

{{gwi:421953}}

Lupines still hanging in there (must be the shade from the Tansy keeping them cool)

{{gwi:421955}}

And lastly, Petunias

{{gwi:421957}}

{{gwi:421960}}

{{gwi:421961}}

{{gwi:421963}}

{{gwi:421965}}

{{gwi:421967}}

Hope you enjoy the view! :-)

Linda

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!