SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gerry619

Golden Goddess Hedge looking not looking so good

gerry619
9 years ago

I'll try to make is as short a possible. I live in San Diego. A few months back (approx June) I planted a few golden goddess bamboos in order to divide and create a screen between my driveway and my neighbors ugly front yard. The space is about 14ft wide and receives direct sun. I bought 5 or 6 golden goddess in I believe 1-gallon pot, plants were about 3 feet tall. I split all of them except one and planted them about a foot or a foot and a half apart. The plants weren't in the best condition to begin with due to some recent hot windy weather but they were in decent shape. Since then I have watered them daily, but they just havent seemed to ever get nice and healthy looking, always having a lot of dry leaves. A couple of months after that (around August) I ended up splitting in half and filling in two gaps I had in the row wih the spare one, which had been in a terrca cotta pot since I bought it and was actually (looking nice and healthy, green and bushy not too many brown leaves). So fast forward to now and my hedge still looks pretty sorry. And for whatever reason the last one I planted which looked the healthiest when it was in a pot looks the worst ones in the row. The picture is not the best and I know it's kind of hard to tell between the bamboos and my neighbors ugly dead grass but I could really use some advice here. What am I doing wrong?? I have literally watered them everyday since I planted them with the exception of a few days (not in a row) here and there. I will try to take a better pic tomrw from a different angle so maybe it'll be easier to see. Page couple of them look ok but at least half of them look like crap!! Someone please advise. Thanks in advance!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor