SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ksuetx

need to remove established bee hive

ksuetx
18 years ago

I have an established bee hive in the fascia of an add on to a historic home. They have been well behaved. The house is unoccupied, except when we camp in for remodeling work. They bump us twice when we have been working too long in "their" area. They have not moved into the attic, as we checked periodically. I am against chemicals and don't want to kill them if at all possible. I have called some beekeepers. I know most don't want to mess with them because it is so established and involve a ladder, some have said they may have to kill them? I don't care about the wood (it is going to be replaced during remodeling) I have only talked to a couple who I felt good about. My real issue is I don't know truly what is what, as I have been told so many different things. I am uneducated in this area and am searching for answers. If you recognize my plea, please be patient with me. I was raised to hate things that stung, and this experience has changed my view. I want to do the right thing for my bees.

Comments (11)

Sponsored