SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grant_in_arizona

Hey, it's August 2013! How do things look in the garden?

grant_in_arizona
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

Yay, it's August! That means the REALLY nice weather is just around the corner. I saw in the weather almanac that last August we had several days in the 90's, hopefully the same will hold true this August too. I also see the average daily high is starting to go down (even if the actual isn't, hah!) so I tell myself the cool and lovely autumn gardening season is here, even if it's NOT quite here yet, LOL.

Anyway, lots going on in the garden, mostly good, though some bad (my iresine looks like it's been blowtorched!). Here's a couple of goodies, a potted Tavaresia meinthesii making a bloom, and a Stapelia grandiflora (I believe, although I bought it unlabeled so I'm open to other species suggestions on this one). Late summer is when a lot of my stapeliads (Stapelia and its relatives) REALLY start blooming, so that's something to look forward to. Anyway, pics below, with Wilson the tennis ball to show size. Share your updates, good or bad, with or without pics, when you can. Happy gardening! Grant

Tavaresia meinthesii:

{{gwi:413559}}

{{gwi:413560}}

Stapelia grandiflora:

{{gwi:413562}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics from my little garden August 2013

Comments (44)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery