SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eggo_gw

AeAe discoloration

Eggo
18 years ago

Anyone ever had the trunk of their AeAe start turning reddish? It's been like this for a while now. Its in a greenhouse with shade. Fertilizer problems? Light problems? Its kind of nice to look at but I don't want it to croak.

{{gwi:418055}}

Comments (8)

• Bananas_org
    18 years ago

Hmm looks like that most recent leaf has very little white.
    Will be interesting to see what the new leaf after this looks like.

• gatrops
    18 years ago

Eggo-I've seen them grown from the corm as pups with that pink tint to the stem. It is usually on a pup that comes out all white (or with very little green anyway). Never seen it on one that big but other than that it looks healthy and happy to me.

• Eggo
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Bananas and GAtrops. It had little variegation when it was smaller but then the variegation increased and now it seems to be getting less. Hopefully it doesn't turn all green or something. fingers crossed.

• mauryc
    18 years ago

Eggo,

Variegation in my plant has slowed also but the largest pup is nothing short of spectacular. Almost 50% white and grey. As soon as this hot weather subsides I'll get another growth spurt before winter. Interested to see what will happen.

• laterita
    18 years ago

Can you measure the Ph of the soil? It should be between 5.5 and 6.5. I think it's 7+, which causes the colouation to disappear.
    Simon

• Eggo
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Laterita. I will try to check out the ph but I really don't think its that high. My mix was of mulch, peat moss, and perlite.
    Has anyone ever had a pup that grew out all grey?

• bananalover
    18 years ago

I don't know anything about this but just wanted to say, I think it is really pretty with the red!

• Frog_hollow_lady
    18 years ago

I want a white/green..banana....If you have one, please email me....I can tell you what I have to trade..I dont list because I sell plants and seeds,but sometimes I just have to have something...
    thanks
    Jody

Sponsored