SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
backyardgdnr

Carob Tree - ceratonia siliqua & other tree questions

BackyardGdnr
11 years ago

Anyone growing a Santa Fe Carob tree? Does this tree smell? As bad as a male Carob tree? How does the pods taste?

Anyone growing a female Sfax Carob tree? Does the female version smell? How bad? How does the pods taste?

I have been looking to buy a Carob tree to replace a recently wind blown Willow Acacia tree. I have gone on-line looking for local nurseries and out-of-state nurseries and so far no one sells them. I have tried Papaya in CA and I don't see a link to Exotica to email them.

Do you know where to buy one? On-line seed sellers don't know what variety their seeds are. If I plant one from a seed...how long do you think it will grow 6 feet?

OTHER TREE QUESTIONS:

For the west side of my house, I want a tall tree with narrow span. My side of the fence is 10 ft. Would a Chinese Pistachio tree work? I want it to reach past the 2nd story to cool the side of the house in the Summer. I read all discussion on trees and determine what trees wouldn't work.

On my East side yard, I am growing a lime tree and a peach tree. They are doing great. On the west side I planted a blood orange tree (3') and only a few inches of new growth.

For the back yard that faces North, but gets direct Sun that passes overhead, I want a shade tree and thinking of a fruit tree. In the back corner I have a pomegranate and planning on planting a seedling in the other corner.

Has anyone planted a Cherry Tree? Would it grow here? Any suggestions for any fruit trees? Apples? (have a lime, peach, pomegranate, blood orange, & goji.

Thank you in advance for all the Carob Tree & other tree replies.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21