SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellenrr_gw

how are your plants faring if you have extreme weather?

ellenrr
12 years ago

In the northeast we are expected to break records for heat. In NJ supposed to reach 101. All week it's been around 90. Haven't had rain since I don't know when.

So far my blooms are doing splendidly!

It's so hot that I only get out to water every few days, and I worried if I was watering enough, but I water very deeply, and so far - so good.

Strawflowrs are starting to bloom as is celosia. Foxglove looks good, but is so close to the ground, I am surprised, as the packet says they get to 5 feet tall.

My WS'n lavender and common sage look beautiful. wow. Now that I WS I can have as much sage and lavender as I want.

The lilac dianthus, which were that "one you really look forward to" are also in bloom, and totally meet my expectation.

Some pink salvia came back. (reseeders). I had given up and thot it wouldn't re-seed, so bought one, and now they are coming back.

But not as thickly as the red ones.

Thanks to all who sent me seeds, every year now I have varieties that I never would have had.

I send you my thanks every time I visit my garden.

Hope everyone is holding up if you are having extreme weather. I just decided to give in and get an air conditioner today. I was going to try to make it thru the summer without one. But this is too much heat even for me.

ellen

Comments (11)

Sponsored