SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northforker

Ever heard of Impatiens Seabrida or Browilla?

northforker
14 years ago

I received quite a few seed packets in trade that I had never heard of (including these two) and since I knew they were annuals (marked, but that's it) I started them without googling them to get any inof.. They are growing. Tonight I've been running into problems finding any information on them anywhere! Do you have any clues? Pics?

Comments (7)

• grandmachris
    14 years ago

Try posting a query in the Impatiens forum.

Chris

• User
    14 years ago

how about impatiens scabrida and browallia??

• northforker
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jaynine - - you are right! Thank you! I love seed trading but hate the hand written labels to tell you the truth. I spend so much time trying to read (inaccuratly) people's handwriting! I make typed labels for seeds I send out in trade with full color/height info.

So I goggled them and then had to laugh........a 4 foot impatiens? Going to have to put my thinking cap on for where those will go..........

• sheltieche
    14 years ago

nan,
    impatiens scabrida may reach 4 feet but in reality you will have at most 2 feet. Beautiful plant for informal shady gardens, it reseeds well.
    Browallia is full sun to part sun very nice blooming annual-18-24 in I love them both and grow them both.
    If I get something in trade I did not understand I usually go to that person's trade list and cross-check names. My own handwriting is terrible...

• northforker
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lindalana - I grew Impatiens Balforii last year for the first time and was floored - loved them! Have some reseeders and some growing from saved seed. At 2 ft, will these Scabrida seem similiar?

Both of these seed packets arrived from a large round robin swap and did not have GW names on them, only illegiable handwritten plant names, so I could not track down the gardener and ask specifics. My handwriting is worse than either of these gardeners whoever they are - thats why I type labels!

I'm excited about the browallia - did you think it would work in hanging baskets as well as beds?

• sheltieche
    14 years ago

impatiens scabrida are similar by height and structure to impatines balfouri but yellow in color.
    Browallia americana or viscosa species will grow about 24 in and cultivars will be shorter and have larger flowers. They are bushy annuals so no trailing habit for them. I love them for stunning blue colors.

• northforker
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Stunning blue - - I LOVE stunning blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I am really excitied. Thank you for all your help with this mishap lindalana!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting