SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
david_fraleigh

weed and feed fertilizer

18 years ago

I was given about 700 lbs of weed and feed fertilizer and really didn't have any use for it (on my vegetable garden or broadleaf ornamentals.. (They were broken bags from a hardware store of high nitrogen grass feeding fertilizer from different manufacturers including Scotts etc).. I had read in several posts not to use it on bamboo but was tempted to try it anyway so as not to waste it.. I started off using it on several less cherished bamboos and it didn't hurt them.. (they greened up nicely).. That gave me the confidence to use it on all of them.. This is just to report that I have used it several times these past two years on about 30 different varieties and over 100 different individual plants (mostly different phyllostachys but also bambusas, pseudosa, sasa and semiarundinaria).. These are plants that were planted about two years ago and they seem to benefit well from the fertilizer... It wouldn't be my first choice to use this type of fertilizer but since it was free I did and it has worked out well.. I was wondering if anyone had actual experience of it harming their bamboos?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES