SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silverkelt

Excelsior Foxgove

silverkelt
13 years ago

Excelsior strain is very tall and very nice..

I think I like this better than both the candy mountain the the Camelot im growing now.. partly because Im a sucker for tall plants.. some of these are close to 6 feet in height..

Its tall, deer resistant and cottage garden to the core =)..

Plus they are super easy to wintersow and grow well in my climate..

{{gwi:407535}}

{{gwi:214573}}

{{gwi:407538}}

Silverkelt

Comments (9)

• lisa33
    13 years ago

Oooh....very nice! I have some that I WS'd this year, so it's great to see what I can look forward to next year! Thanks for posting these.

Lisa

• trudi_d
    13 years ago

I grew these a few years back and now they reseed all over the garden ;-) These are Hubs favorites.

• lisa_neenah
    13 years ago

My new dilema, what to rip out in the back of my beds to make room for these, they're goregous!

• silverkelt
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lisa,

They can be grown at woodlines, part shady and filterled light locations..

• tomva
    13 years ago

Those are very nice,I gotta try these next year..

• lisa_neenah
    13 years ago

Silverkelt,

You absolutely made my day! I have a shade garden at the back of my property that I always intended for a reading nook on a hot summer's day, but it's so close to the property line that except for some trees, there's nothing I could plant for more privacy. Good dappled afternoon sun, I think this would fit perfectly. Even better if they reseed.

• silverkelt
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Had another great shot of this today..

{{gwi:214572}}

Silverkelt

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    13 years ago

Love the second photo in the first post!! Oooooh... Ahhhhhh... Can't wait for mine to bloom. :O) Thanks for the preview!!

• northforker
    13 years ago

Oh so pretty! I have lots of foxglove that's shortish to mid but Only one plant that is over 5' tall. I am going to save these seeds!!!!!! You have just done a great job on your yard!!!!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!