SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azwickedss

privacy trees to add along block wall help

azwickedss
9 years ago

I had about 40ft of oleandear along two separate walls that I had removed. My neighbors have direct line of sight now and I want to put up something to block them as I have a pool and guests over often so privacy is best for everyone. I was at moon valley nurseries and after a lot of discussion with one of the guys there they recommended ficus nitida. From what he told me this seemed perfect, low maintenance, good cover etc but what he seemed to be wrong about was the root system being a deep root system so it doesn't interfere with the block wall and these trees can get up to 30-60ft which will not be good for my neighbors.

I am looking for something low maintenance with good thick cover to block out my neighbors and maybe reach 20ft as well being able to plant it within 4-6ft of the wall. I need something that won't end up in the pool each year and preferably stay thick year round. Oleanders are out of the question again.

I am most likely cancelling this order tomorrow but would like to have to something else in mind so I can still get whatever planted by the weekend.

Comments (13)