SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gaidin_gw

Leaf Curl Black Bamboo (nigra)

gaidin
14 years ago

Help, So I bought a 5g pot of P. Nigra "black stem bamboo" per the label. I had it for two days and watered it every day seemed to do great. Then I bought a larger ceramic pot to transfer to. I took the bamboo out of the pot it was in and shook loose as much of the soil it was in as I could, I also gently loosened the rhizomes since they were curled around in a circle. I then mixed the old soil with new soil and perlite i mixed and potted in the larger ceramic pot. Since that day that I did the transfer the leaves on the bamboo have all curled. I dont have a single leaf that isnt curled. I know that can be caused by not enough water but I have been watering every day and the soil drains completely but stays moist all day. I have a layer of bark chips on top that I wet to keep humidity up. The bamboo sits on the back patio which faces west but has a 8ft fence on the west and an apartment building behind it. It gets full sun from about 11ish until about 4ish where it is sitting. I can move it so it can get more or less sun if needed. My question is why are the leaves curling is it due to not enough water? Shock from transplant? too much water? not enough sun, too much? help I dont want it to die.

Comments (2)

Sponsored