SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
henonistharry

New Vivax concern

henonistharry
17 years ago

Hi there,

Just went on a bamboo hunting trip at our local nursery. The guy selling isn't very knowledgeable, he just sells them. He gets most of his boos from Stam's nursery in Ireland ( http://www.stambamboo.com/frames_home.htm ). This are a very reputable firm. Recently he found a source locally from whom he's got, amongst other boos, a couple of Ph. Vivax - Aureocaulis'. Well, upon seeing the nine foot yellow culms towering over their 9 gallon containers I didn't hesitate to hand over the ã50 (c.$100) needed to take one of them home (pretty good deal wouldn't you say?).

Now I've looked at it a little closely I'm not sure how healthy it is and how good a deal I got.

There are six culms. Two or three of the small ones look dead. The larger two look OK - the current leaves are mostly green though some don't look too good. These larger culms do have new leaves emerging, though some look a little brown on the tips (some look fine). Is all this trivial and not to be worried about? The cold weather finished about 1 1/2 months ago.

I'd be grateful if you can tell me what you think. I should be able to take it back within five days if necessary.

I have some photos but I'm not sure how to put them in my post...Help!

Thanks,

HenonistHarry

Comments (10)

Sponsored