SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organic_bean

Will my Banana Plant attract roaches?

organic_bean
16 years ago

i live in nyc in an apartment with tons of sunlight. i bought a small plant to have as an indoor plant with hopes that it will get very large. i picked banana because my living room needs a large leafed plant to really make it feel like home AND every other large leafed plant i could find was toxic to cats and dogs, but the banana plant. it also adds a nice modern touch.

however, i got into a frenzy about roaches because i read somewhere before the banana hand grows, a flower appears that bees and OTHER bugs love... i put the two together. i dont want to get rid of my new plant, but also dont want my neighbor's critters coming into my apartment.

anyone have any advice on what i should do to prevent bugs on my banana? ew gross. is there a way i could prevent it from flowering and fruiting? this would be sad, but i would sacrifice the fruit for bug free. perhaps i should immediately cut off any buds before they flower... i imagine this is possible... or line the pot with bay leaves; they hate bay leaves.

help! i love my new plant!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm