SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mo_girl

Wintersown tomatoes and Perennial Flowers (Pics)

mo_girl
14 years ago

I just love Wintersowing! It has opened up all kinds of possibilities to me.

Here are wintersown Striped Roman tomatoes! I must confess all but a couple of my tomatoes this year were grown in an unheated mini greenhouse/indoors when cold. I decided to plant out my indoor ones before the last frost date, and if they didn't make it, I could always use my WS ones as backups. Turns out we had a warm spring and they all made it, but these Striped Roman are WS and produced fruit only a week or so later than the rest. (I gave extra WS toms away.)

{{gwi:402420}}

Here are some perennials from last year's winter sowing blooming this year! It's hard to be patient, but it's worth it.

Echinacea

{{gwi:402421}}

Blanket Flower

{{gwi:402422}}

This one, I posted a while back, trying to identify it, and was told it was a rudbeckia. Here it is now blooming ... with fun green centers. Does anyone know what this is? Rudbeckia Hirta?

{{gwi:402423}}

Mexican Hat: I had a couple blooms of this last year, but many more this year.

{{gwi:402424}}

This blue flax has been a bit sulky, but maybe now that it's hot and dry, it will perk up. I was happy to see it bloom:

{{gwi:402425}}

Here's a link to my blog, if anyone's interested. I have some pics that explain how to save Columbine seeds, in case you've never attempted this. I also have some pics of my Giant Cape Gooseberry plants that are beginning to fruit!

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed Girl Blog

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus