SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vera_eastern_wa

June 25th Pics...part 1

vera_eastern_wa
14 years ago

It was an early start today! I was up and out watering and picture taking by 5am. My camera takes much better pics in the morning hours :)

First, I'm not so impressed with the leaves on Yvonne's Salvia! Day by day it just appears to look uglier and it's not the earwig holes I'm talking about. They just always seem on the limp side (wet/dry no matter) and lime green'ish in a sick sorta way. Everything else growing in this new bed are doing just fine. What gives? I finally get some to grow and this is what I get?

{{gwi:402175}}

Growing in the same bed at the opposite end is Acorn Squash

{{gwi:402176}}

Valeriana officinalis....Can't believe how fast these are growing! I just got them planted the week before last. I guess they are just extremely happy to be released from the way over crowded container they were in for much too long!

{{gwi:402177}}

Swamp Milkweed was planted the same day as the Valerian and these too have grown at least another 2"

{{gwi:402178}}

A row of self-sown Sunflowers. There are also self-sown Amaranthus 'Intese Purple' hiding in there, but the earwigs have made them swiss cheese and worse. I'm still catching a gang of them in the traps though :O

{{gwi:402179}}

Now for some flowers! Here is one of the south facing beds with Blue Flax, Salvia officinalis, Sedum 'Autumn Joy', Lavender and a NOID Dianthus. Not seen are Sempervirens, several species of Sedum, Snapdragon, Dianthus 'Siberian Blue', Dianthus barbatus, Digitalis, Dicentra, Siberian Iris, Columbine, Daylily, Thymus serpyllum, Dusty Miller, Nigella, Rudbeckia, Shasta Daisy, Sweet Alyssum, Blue Fescue, Nightshade, Oregon Grape and Linaria maroccana

{{gwi:227094}}

Snapdragon....this is one of 5 plants in their 4th year, I lost one over the winter. Wintersowed some 'Red and White' but they are a long way from blooming yet

{{gwi:402180}}

Shizanthus

{{gwi:402181}}

more...

{{gwi:402182}}

and more yet...

{{gwi:402183}}

Salvia officinalis and Feverfew 'Flore Pleno'

{{gwi:402184}}

Comments (4)

Sponsored