SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

Just checking in...and talk of blooms

Hi all,

It's been a rough week with bad news re: brother followed by similar news about a cousin. Bad choices catch up with you. I'm officially in a "funk".

I have good news about blooms. My cheapo $3.98 Walmart bagged amaryllis are blooming. The white ones are and the pink will be. They are big gorgeous blooms and I'm happy that I bought them. Everything that I bought and forced earlier is just about caput. La Paz (I bought last spring at the arboretum sale - had just bloomed) has sent up and amazingly tall scape. It's starting to open. Queen of Hearts is struggling to get the 3rd scape up. The 2nd is opening in the neck of the bulb - abort abort! President Johnson is a superstar with 4 scapes!! Lemon Star has another coming as does Charisma.

Last year's bulbs, Lady Jane and Aphrodite are sending up scapes. HOORAH!!

I think I will clean house and then go get some hot and sour soup from the local Chinese place. Even though it's 80 here today (and I've just put in my tomatoes and peppers. AND...cilantro for lots of salsa)!! Sugar snap peas are up and at 'em...so there's hope.

Man from wine tasting has e-mailed and called. Off to a bit of a rocky start, but I think it's turned around. Since when do people apologize for kissing ya? Hey...it was nice!

:-)

K

Comments (5)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions