SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hippeastrumadmirer

easter lily x hippeastrum desire cross

15 years ago

Hey all, you know the easter lily's they sell on easter the white flowers, well last april I collected easter lily pollen and crossbreeded it with my amaryllis desire an orange amaryllis and it was successful i have seeds of that cross. Do you think because it has half the genes of the easter lily it could survive canada's harsh winters and come back every year? I recently planted them and i will wait to see sprouts and i accisently mixed them up with the deisre self cross. But i will probably be able to tell the difference because i have seen what amaryllis seedlings look like and the foliage of the easter lily x amaryllis desire cross will probably be different and i wonder what the physical appearence of the bulbs would look like? One more thing my amaryllis seed pods rippened and i got the black papery seeds and i let them dry for a few days and i think i felt bumps, Anyways my question is if amaryllis seeds don't get planted by a certain time does the bump in the middle of the seed which is the seedling shrink and will eventually plump back up by the floatation method or just by putting them in the soil and watering them? Thanks, Phil and im 16 years old.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
More Discussions