SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
last1earth

Am I responsible for running bamboo??

last1earth
17 years ago

Here is the situation, we bought a lovely little house with a big backyard because we love nature. THEN these greedy horrible land developers bribed our local city board into getting them permits to build new homes in peoples backyards (after they sold them).

Now we have giant mansions overlooking our once private backyard. My mom won't even go in the yard, because the new neighbors are so 'peepy', and it is so bare. Before it felt like we were surrounded by a jungle (if you turn your head just so.

I would like to grow bamboo, but it seems like clumping types are hard to find for Zone6 NJ? Or too expensive. If I got a running kind, that got really tall, would it spread so much that it would go into other peoples yards? (One of those 'peoples', the new neighbors decided to start throwing their leaves, sticks and mower clippings into our yard until mom ran out to yell at them. Now they try to be sneaky about it!!!

I guess my question is, if my bamboo runs to their yards, would I have to go over there and dig it up? Are there any bamboos that can be planted near a fence that will get tall enough to block out The Nosy's?

Thanks

Comments (2)