SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimmie_72

bublets...IDK

kimmie_72
15 years ago

OK, below is pics from a bulb that I forgot to plant and it was a mushy mess. I took and cut it in half and scooped all the yucky out, sprayed it w/ a fungicide I have hear and a few days later stuck in down in a ziploc bag of peat moss (I think). This was around the middle of January and I just left it alone. It turned black really fast but I did not mess with it. Last night I thought I would go ahead throw it away. Well when I got to looking the black was from the dirt coming up over it. It looks like I may have some bublets that I will be able to claim from this rotten bulb. One has five and one has four...after I cleaned them and looked at them I stuck them back in the bag...LOL!! What do I do with them now??

{{gwi:391512}}

Comments (4)

• hippeastrumadmirer
    15 years ago

Im so happy for you way to go!!!

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    15 years ago

Twin scale cuttage propagation using halves instead of little pieces! GOOD FOR YOU!! Put them back and let the bublets grow roots of their own....then plant them! WHOO HOO!
    :-)
    Kristi

• kimmie_72
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have no clue what you just said...LOL!! But glad to know they will grow their own roots. YEAH!!

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

"Twin scale cuttage" is the name of the method you used to create those little bulblets. As Kristi says, put them back in the bag, and when they have grown their own little roots, take them out and pot them up. Good job!

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert
More Discussions