SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geoff9

Reply to previous questions about what I just said.

geoff9
13 years ago

Big for an apartment. With al the other plants I only have room for perhaps fifteen adults at one time. Then there are dozens of juveniles, hundreds of seedlings. It takes about 22 months from seed to flower here. This is because I am working with a Jamaican endemic which is an all-year, multi-blooming whenever it feels like it kind of plant. In a good year with good sun twelve stems of four flowers each have happened. Color is peacchy orange with green lines in throat. It was bred with a fire engine red amaryllis from the trade, a regular sleeper with bit flowers. One line grew twicee a fast as all the others. In every generation of that line's involvement there are one or two seedlings that hold that characteristic. On the lines I kept flower shape is on the long side of standard. Petals are moderately short and pointed on the aggressive one and longer and more pointed on a related line. Both are cadmium red on the artist's scale, and one has a white center while the other has lines. That aggression get passed down when I mixed H. striatum (with white stripe) into the mix. So far the biggest flower has been 7 inches across and six high (17.5 by 15 centimeters).

And frenzy? After a hard winter the sleepers surge, the evergreens that have waited or grown with glacial slowness exploode into new leaves and flowers.le,

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions